Under the Health and social Care Act 2008 (The Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009 Part 4), the registering body (Arnold Medical Centre) is required to provide to the Care Quality Commission a statement of purpose.
Name and Address of Registered Provider:
ARNOLD MEDICAL CENTRE
204 ST. ANNES ROAD
Telephone: 01253 951950
CQC Registered Manager: Dr Manish Raut
Practice Manager: Mrs Meriel Carrdus
Arnold Medical Centre is a Partnership with two partners:
Dr Manish Raut and Dr Parvathi Shajil
Regular GP: Dr Biparna Belbase-Dhungana
The Practice is located in the south Blackpool area and is open to all patients living within our practice boundary. We work in partnership with our patients and our Patient Group to provide medical care for our patients. There is a car park to the rear of the Practice including a disabled bay and easy access for wheelchairs.
We are a training practice, which means that we have GP Registrars, who are fully qualified doctors, undertaking extra training to qualify as a general practitioner. We also take medical students on placement.
Arnold Medical Centre offers Primary Care services for the diagnosis and prevention of disease. We help patients manage their health and prevent illness. Our clinicians assess, diagnose, treat and manage illness. They carry out screening for some diseases and promote general health and wellbeing. Our clinicians act as a patient’s advocate, supporting and representing a patient’s best interests to ensure they receive the best and most appropriate health and/or social care. Our GPs also provide a link to further health services and work closely with other healthcare colleagues. They may also arrange hospital admissions and referrals to other services and specialists and they link with secondary and community services to collate patient care.
Our Aims and Objectives
- To provide personalised, effective and high quality patient centred care
- To focus on prevention of disease by promoting health and wellbeing and offering care and advice to our patients in a friendly and supportive environment.
- To work in partnership with our patients, their families and carers, involving them in decision making about their treatment and care and encouraging them to participate fully by listening and supporting them to express their needs and enabling them to maintain the maximum possible level of independence, choice and control.
- To involve other professionals and agencies in the care of our patients where it is in the patient’s best interests; i.e. referring for specialist care and advice
- To ensure that all members of the team have the right skills and training to carry out their duties competently. To create an environment where learning is encouraged and shared.
- To continually promote and improve healthcare services and safeguarding for patients through learning, monitoring and auditing.
- To treat all patients and staff with respect, dignity and honesty in an environment that is accessible, safe and friendly.
We are registered to provide:
- Treatment of Disease, disorder or injury
- Surgical Procedures
- Maternity and Midwifery services
- Family Planning services
- Diagnostic and Screening Procedures
Updated June 2015 by Meriel Carrdus
Download this Statement Of Purpose